2009年9月5日土曜日

My first blog in English

This is my first time to have English blogs.
Oh, anyway, I am from Japan, Tokyo, Kei Uchiyama.
Last summer vacation, I went back to Japan almost 3 month, so I haven't use English for a while. I mean I forgot English, haha.

This is my first online class, so I am pretty nervous, but I will do my best for getting good grade.


Do you know Japanese leader changed? This is huge news in Japan right now, and recently, he called to Obama.
It was his first conversation with the president since his party defeated Japan’s long-governing incumbent party in Sunday’s landmark election.

How do you think Japan and America relationship will be well or not by changed japanese leader?

4 件のコメント:

  1. Welcome to COMM 229! It will be interesting to see how the leaders work together--seeing as they are both from new parties. I think there's a learning curve the new Japanese gov't will be sorting that Obama has been working on for the past half-year or so.... I listen to NPR, so I heard about how the former opposition won in a landslide. I'd be curious to know how much other folks in the class heard about the elections in Japan--if at all? (Different media outlets cover international news quite differently...)

    返信削除
  2. What I think is interesting about the American perspective on Japan is that despite our country leaning so greatly on Japanese industry for technology and other electronics we don't really spend much time focusing on the diplomatic relations of our two nations. What I mean is we obviosly have shared interests in trade but how these relationships are established and what the driving force behind them is and continues to be basically escapes the publics eye. At least the American publics.

    If your countries election was anything in the ways of landmark like our last one was, big congratulations on the change. If new political leaders offer us nothing else it is a chance to change perspective.

    返信削除
  3. So totally unrelated but your submission keys are in Japanese, I think, so I had to guess which one to press to submit a comment.

    返信削除
  4. Thank you guys.
    I think most american people know about japanese election. We have a good relationship, so we should know each other deeply.

    返信削除