2010年10月13日水曜日

I read the text book

I read the text book about media, table on core american values.

I think it is interesting that that Shoemaker and Reese put this list together talking about what is important to most Americans. I think a list like this creates order to things concerning media. I thought the definition on Individualism was interesting. It states in the book that "Audiences like to hear about people who do things their own way, even against powerful odds". I think this is very much true because I think people enjoy seeing other people succeed in the most unusual circumstances. I think we enjoy inspiring stories as well as negativity. It is more interesting learning how someone succeeds or does good in life against what is expected of them. If they live life a different way, and still live an enjoyable life, we want to know what the secret was.

1 件のコメント: