2010年10月26日火曜日

Why aren’t more video games made for females? What are the social and cultural implications of this? What can video game producers do to change this

I think that females have a different mindset when it comes to video games. Gaming is definitely very "masculine". I kind of compare it to chick flicks. Men are generally not interested in watching cheesy romance movies, because it doesn't appeal to them. It's the whole men are from Mars, Women are from Venus notion. Men are attracted to certain entertainment values, as are women. When I was playing WOW, I found very few females that played the game. I think that violence has a lot to do with this. I think most females are turned off by violence, it's just in their nature in my opinion. Most girls like games that are fun loving, like family games that can be played casually. The system WII is a system that most females enjoy because the games are playful and family oriented. I also think that females get turned off by men overpopulating the gaming world. They feel like they are outnumbered and out of place, so they probably don't participate because they feel like they won't be accepted.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿