2010年10月18日月曜日

media language

I read the text book about language. This is pretty interesting. I think the FCC has changed their regulations in terms of what is appropriate language on TV. I hear words nowadays on TV and radio I have never heard before like the word "ass". That word is used, and I don't think it was ever used until recently. I'm not sure why bad language has broken a barrier on TV and radio, maybe we as a society are being desensitized to explicit words on TV and radio. I am sure there are many opinions on what is and is not acceptable language for TV and radio. I remember Imus when he said those dirty words about the girls basketball team. I thought that was definitely uncalled for! It was the right thing for him to get fired, because it sends a strong message that it just is not right to say offensive things on television. It's immoral and unethical.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I had never heard either.

    We often use the word "ass" in our conversation. haha

    返信削除