2010年11月3日水曜日

Cutting Remarks on W.

When I read this chapter, I felt editors are really difficult job. Actually I do not know this movie and Oliver Stone, so this chapter was difficult to understand for me. Right now, when I am creating the movie, I am doing director, and editor. When I take a shooting, and do editing, I just doing my feeling. I do not hear other people’s opinion. However, real editors have to listen to ideas from directors, actors, and then editors always have to find the best bits of the story. In addition, book said editors discuss the editorial strategy and the layering of music and sound effects. Editors have a lot of job more than I thought. This book also said editors spend a lot of time with director, and felt his sense. Of course, directors often change their mind, but editors should be always open to ideas about structures. I do not have experience to edit with other people. However, when I will be an editor, I have to do it with someone, and have to listen to director’s opinion even I do not want to. So I think that it is really important to have good relationship with teammate for creating great film.

1 件のコメント: