2010年11月11日木曜日

Protecting Children From Unfair Advertising Practices.

I never knew that there were restrictions on the amount of commercials that could play during children's programming. It made sense that there would be restrictions on what couldn't be played, but it never dawned on me that a certain limit would be set. Another thing I found interesting was that it didn't stop certain companies. Viacom was cited for 600 violations and fined $1 million. I was astounded that the company, even though they blamed it on human error, would continue to try and break the rules.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Nice topic!
    In Japan, the advertising of cigarette was restricted because it may have bad influence on children. Surely, the advertising tell people that smoking is cool. I think the company should have a responsibility when it makes the advertising.

    返信削除