2010年11月20日土曜日

piracy

I think that piracy is abused all the time, and it is almost impossible to know every time you are doing it. I think there are to many lawsuits concerning piracy. I realize that people have rights to certain parts of the media, but we can't avoid piracy completely. I do believe that piracy is bad for the economy. For example, the downloading of mp3's on the internet has basically shut down CD sales. Music stores have seen a rapid decline in sales due to people downloading free music online. This is true with films as well. I have seen a number of movie stores going out of business. I never see Blockbusters anymore, and hollywood video has also been in a steady decline. Piracy is definitely bad for the economy, but in most cases, it is hard to avoid completely.

2 件のコメント:

  1. The privacy is serious problem....
    Recently, we can't use "Limewire" because it was broken. Actually, there are a lot of songs, video which infringe a copyright. Therefore, we were free to download these. In Japan, people tend not to watch TV. I guess it is because there are a lot of animation joint ownership sites. We have to regulate these.

    返信削除
  2. I have seen illegal copy DVDs in many places.
    I think selling illegal copy DVDs is not good as you mentioned.
    However, I think it is okay to enjoy oneself even if offend against piracy.

    返信削除